Saturday 10 August 2013

Work can be fun

Work can be fun
by Amit Ananda Nimonkar
on 10/8/2013

My friend and I were waiting for our coffee at the CCD counter. The CCD guy announced “Tropical iceberg” and placed one glass in front of us. I asked him, “Where’s the second one? I ordered for two!” “You ordered for two?” “Yes!” I replied, a little irritated. Smiling, he brought out the other glass from behind the counter, which we hadn't seen before. “Ah, there it is! Thank you.” I left the counter smiling.
I realized from the guy at the counter, that work can be fun if we want it to be. Probably someone else in his place would say, “I have such a boring job. All I do is make coffee every day.” We could very well apply the fun aspect to our life as well. We often find ourselves doing similar work, day in and day out. So what is it that we could do to make work fun? We certainly don’t need to hide some poor person’s coffee every time.
I think the easiest way to make work fun is to interact as much as you can with your own team mates, people around you. It would not only give you a fresh perspective on things, but also would be a welcome break from say coding at a long stretch. It also ensures excellent co-ordination, because you could easily explain something to someone with whom you share a good rapport.
Playing sports, going to the gym, taking part in events; we could use everything at office to make work fun. Effectively managing our work to do everything we love is important to ensuring work is fun. Nay, it’s also the key to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment